Institution: Velddrif Clinic, Bergriver Sub-district (West Coast District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
|Salary||R 102 534 per annum|
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing, and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate cleaning experience.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Physically able to lift/move heavy objects and supplies.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse, waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/output):
- Responsible for cleaning duties, including sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, polishing, refuse to handle, cleaning windows and interior walls; maintenance of general neatness and hygiene of the clinic area.
- Effective and efficient utilization and storage of cleaning material and equipment.
- Adhering to safety precautions and ensure adherence to occupational health and safety policy.
- Support Waste Management.
- Render support to the Operational Manager with general housekeeping duties such as control of cleaning and household equipment and care of linen.
- Attend in-service training appropriate for service delivery.
- Adheres to loyal service ethics.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name, and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s license and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated in the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (PSVC 10/2020)