Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Recruiter: Mindworx Consulting
Job Ref: CNT000341/TN
Date posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Summary: Our client is looking for a Chief Security Officer to direct and oversee the provision of all security services across the Group to ensure the safety of assets, commuters, and employees.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop Group Security Strategy, Charter and Policies:
- Develop the Security strategy for the company and submit to the Executive Committee and sub Committee (Safety, Health Environment & Quality Committee) for approval
- Develop business plans in conjunction with the office of the Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) for review and inclusion into the company business plan
- Develop policies, procedures, standards to provide a framework within which to work
Lead and direct the provision of effective Group Security Services and Operations as these relate to:
- Protection of assets, commuters, and employees
- Investigations (non-forensic, general crimes, liability claims, etc.)
- Business intelligence
- Nerve center operations
- Technical training of human resources
- The control of the firearm and related pieces of equipment
- Document and information security
- Screening and Vetting
Provide expert security advisory services:
- Establish and ensure that all Security structures and committees are in place and are functional and effective.
- Monitor Security Risk, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments (SRTVA).
- Advice on issues of crime detection and prevention.
- Develop and monitor the Company Security Risk Register
- Oversee the review and quality assurance of specifications for goods and services
Manage Group Security Human Resources:
- Lead and direct the Group Security team in the achievement of set objectives and targets
- Ensure the security and financial vetting of the team
- Review and analyze the business plan to determine the applicable deliverables and targets
- Determine the human resource requirements, permanent and contractors, in accordance with the expected deliverables
- Secure the human resource requirements to ensure that deliverables will be met in accordance with the expected targets
- Conduct Performance Planning Sessions
- Compile Performance Management documentation in collaboration with staff members in terms of:
- Job Profile requirements
- Strategic Performance Objectives
- Key Performance Areas
- Personal Development Plan
- Track and monitor performance in accordance with policies and procedures and performance planning documentation
- Continuously provide feedback and coaching to ensure that the staff member/s perform at the optimum productivity level
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with policies and procedures and take corrective actions where necessary
- Appraise performance at the end of the performance period in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to the relevant role players
- Manage Human Resources in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements
- Complete Human Resource Management actions within the allocated time frames
- Ensure identification of critical skills essential for the sustainability of service delivery and the development of succession plans
Manage Group Security Costs:
- Compile the annual Group Security budget and submit for approval
- Review the budget on a monthly basis in respect of performance and report on variances
Manage Stakeholder Relationships:
- Liaise with Divisions and Subsidiaries to receive plans for the year indicating the services needed and to provide leadership accordingly.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders (Railway Safety Regulator; Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority, South African Police Services, State Security Agency, National Prosecuting Authority, Transnet Freight Rail Government Sector Security Council, Gautrain, etc.)
- Consolidate reports from the Divisions, Subsidiaries, and Regions and compile a consolidated Group report for EXCO submission and to the relevant subcommittee of the Board.
- Ensure Annual, Quarterly and monthly management reporting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Post Graduate Qualification in Security Related Studies.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Management will be an added advantage
Technical / Legal Certification
- PSIRA Grade A
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Minimum of 15 years in the Security environment.
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience on Executive Management level.
- Business Environment – Sound knowledge of the business environment, the relevant role-players within the business and their key responsibilities and outcomes
- Corporate Governance – The ability to build and implement appropriate corporate governance mechanisms that effectively regulate business conduct
- Financial Principles – Knowledge and understanding of the principles of finance and the components involved in finance
- Legislation and Regulation – Sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation and regulations, including RSR Standards, PSIRA, Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS) and Minimum Physical Security Standards (MPSS)
- Policies and Procedures – Knowledge and understanding of the company policies and procedures applicable to the specific work environment to ensure that work outcomes are compliant to the policies and procedures
- Advanced business communication skills enabling verbal and written communication at all levels
- Contract Management – The ability to manage resources in accordance with the terms and conditions of contracts/ agreements to ensure on-time output delivery
- Decision Making – The ability to understand problems and scenarios, evaluate alternatives, and to take action to enhance organizational performance
- Interpersonal – The ability to interact with people at all levels in the organization
- Management – The ability to plan, organize, lead and control in the work environment to achieve the business objectives
- Negotiation – The ability to negotiate with role players and arrive at a win-win situation in the best interest of the organization and the negotiating party
- Problem Solving – The ability to apply the principles of problem-solving techniques to identify and resolve a problem in the best interest of all stakeholders
- Reporting – The ability to accurately provide information on all required performance outputs
If you have not received a response from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful