Job Title: Electrical Artisan
Closing date: 30 March 2020
Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure continuous plant availability through effective maintenance of electrical equipment.
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. We actively encourage and welcome persons with disabilities to apply.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
- Driver’s license
National Senior Certificate Matric Gr 12 (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science) / N3 (equivalent to Gr 12 / Matric)
Electrical Trade (Section 13 or 26(d))
- Experience in Petro-Chemical environment
- Experience in SAP, STAR/ SAMI
- Switching experience
- Fault finding experience
- Hazardous location experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders.
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Build and establish core capabilities through partners and peers.
- Safety and good housekeeping
- Maintenance of all electrical and related equipment
- Able to do maintenance and fault finding
- Implementation of modifications
- Read wiring diagram
- Perform standby duties
- Effectively interface and support the production departments
- Ensure maximum contribution towards the achievement of the business.
- Contribute towards creating motivated teams within and outside the discipline
- Sound communication & interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter / highly self-motivated
- The initiative, enthusiasm, and perseverance
- Willingness to work overtime as and when required
- Customer orientation
- Willingness to learn & train others.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.